"Strong vocally and with a hearty band behind them Paul and Claire are the hottest new duo to the Country/Americana scene in the UK.” Laura Bethell - Maverick Magazine
9 awards in 3 years, the only act to perform at all three mega-successful Country2Country festivals at London’s O2 Arena, they hold the record for a capacity crowd in the Brooklyn Bowl (London) and their brand new album due out in October, the multi-award winning duo ‘Raintown’ - from Glasgow - are fast gaining the reputation as one of the hottest Country acts in Europe.
They wowed an expectant crowd at the ‘Brooklyn Bowl’ – for the second year running - with a stunning set at the recent Country2Country festival, before performing, as Jo Whiley commented, ‘ a wonderful’ ‘Live Acoustic Session’ for BBC Radio 2 Country,’ hosted by Bob Harris, Jo Whiley and Baylen Leonard.
“They are another UK band who are on everybody’s lips - everyone’s talking about Raintown.” - Baylen Leonard – BBC Radio 2 Country / Amazing Radio
Married couple, Paul Bain and Claire McArthur-Bain, fuse their passion for Country Music with their eclectic musical influences and continue the tradition of exciting new music to emerge from Glasgow. Their catchy hooks and dynamic male/female harmonies are delivered with a passion and style that demands attention, while their carefully crafted lyrics articulate some very human emotions in a sincere, ‘heart on the sleeve’ kind of way.
“Their original songs are quickly being recognised as being the quality of their counterparts in Nashville.” -Alan Perkins – Up Country Magazine
With their highly anticipated new album ‘WRITING ON THE WALL’, this impressive duo are set to cement their place as one of the UK’s leading ‘new breed’ of Country acts. Paul and Claire said, “ we love what we do and are forever grateful for the incredible support that we receive. Thank you. ” This summer also saw Raintown play the main stage at the Cornbury Music Festival alongside the likes of Tom Jones and Lulu and perform at The Country Collective at Canary Wharf with Ward Thomas and Callaghan.
“Paul Bain and Claire McArthur are the heart of Raintown, who recently made a huge impact with their performance at the second C2C event at the O2 in London. They have only been together a short time but in a couple of years the Glasgow based duo have moved from being newcomers to one of Britain’s leading bands. Their string of awards continues to grow and their original songs are quicly being recognised as being the quality of their counterparts in Nashville. ”Alan Perkins – Up Country Magazine – UK
Raintown is certainly the sound of a duo staking their claim in the world of Country Music and in the process, redefining our expectations of what to expect from a European based act. It moved one commentator to say, ‘we could be witnessing the first European Country Superstars in the making.’
“Wet Wet Wet had all agreed that Raintown were the real deal as far as music was concerned. The feedback from our own fan base has been brilliant and their live performance on the night was outstanding.”Tommy Cunningham – Wet Wet Wet
- UKCountryRadio.com - ‘Country Artist of the Year 2014’
- Scottish Variety Awards - ‘Best New Scottish Band or Solo Artist 2014’
- British Country Music Awards - ‘Duo of the Year 2013’
- Scottish New Music Awards - ‘Record of the Year 2012’ + ‘Folk & Traditional Recording of the Year 2012’
Nominated for BCMA’s 2014:-
- ‘Entertainer of the Year’ – ‘Duo of the Year’ – ‘Band of the Year’ – ‘Female Vocalist of the Year’
- 2014 – Canada – ‘Canada Day Celebrations’ (Port Credit), ‘Hugh’s Room’ – Toronto and Lake Conistogo
- 2013 & 2014 - Country2Country Festival at the O2 Arena in London
- 2014 – Country Collective – Canary Wharf - Headlined Show
- 2013 & 2014 – Belfast Nashville Songwriters Festival
- 2014 – Belladrum – Tartan Heart Festival –Grassroots Stage (Main Stage)
- 2014 – Southern Fried Festival - Perth
- 2014 – Northern Nashville Country Music Festival
- 2013 – Grand Union Songwriters Evening – Bush Hall – Headlined Show
- 2012 & 2013 – Americana Music Festival
- 2013 – Supported American Country Artist – Brantley Gilbert
- 2012 – Supported Wet Wet Wet @ Glasgow Green
- 2011 & 2012 – CMA FEST – Nashville - made history, first ever Scottish act to perform at the CMA Fest.
“Raintown are wonderful ambassadors for the vibrant music coming out of Scotland and the city of Glasgow, you only need to hear them once to agree, they have a unique sound and slant that will hook you and pull you in. North America awaits the return of Raintown with baited breath.”
Stevie Connor – Owner Blues and Roots Radio / WeeDan Music
- Hope in Troubled Times - UK Country Music.net
- Hope in Troubled Times - Scot Country Albums
- Hope in Troubled Times - May Studio Music
- Writing on the Wall - Audi Addict
- Writing on the Wall - Re:views
|< Prev||Next >|